It’s that time of year again! Next week, thousands of superintendents and other golf course professionals will descend upon San Antonio, TX for the annual Golf Industry Show. GIS represents the premier event for the golf industry and 2018 looks to be one of the best shows yet.
The week will be jam-packed with educational events and lectures capped by two days of trade show exhibitions at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, where visitors will learn about the latest and greatest technologies in the industry.
One of the highlights of this year’s show will be #GCITweetUp18, featuring the 2018 Super Social Media Awards. The annual TweetUp, co-hosted by Aquatrols and Golf Course Industry Magazine, will bring together hundreds of superintendents from the social sphere to mingle over a few cold ones and recognize the social media superstars from the past year.
See below for a full list of our 2018 Super Social Media Award winners:
- 2018 Kaminski Award: Matthew Wharton, Carolina Golf Club (@CGCGreenkeeper)
- Best Overall Use of Social Media: The Turf Team at St. Andrews Links (@TheHomeofGolf)
- Best Overall Use of Social Media: Ian Andrew, Ian Andrew Golf Design (@IanAndrewGolf)
- Best Blog: Richard Johnstone, Nairn Dunbar Golf Links (@CMnairndunbar)
- Best Blog: Chris Harriman, Cattail Creek Country Club (@Harrimanscash)
- Best Use of Video: Atlantic GCSA, “Deep Roots, The Life of a Superintendent”
- Best Use of Twitter: Steve Hammon, Traverse City Golf & Country Club (@SteveHammon)
- Best Use of Twitter: Steve Wright, Pine Tree Golf Club (@wrightsteve19)
- Megaphone Award for Hurricane Recovery: South Texas Superintendents
In addition to our regularly scheduled Super Social Media Awards, the TweetUp will conclude with the presentation of the inaugural Aquatrols Conservation Award to Paul Carter, CGCS of Bear Trace at Harrison Bay.
- Who: You!
- What: An IRL gathering of golf course professionals honoring the best and brightest social media users over the past year
- When: Wednesday, February 7 at 3:00 PM
- Where: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Booth 5097
- Why? To share new ideas and recognize greatness over a few cold beverages with friends and colleagues