Last month thousands of superintendents and other golf course professionals descended upon San Antonio, TX for the annual Golf Industry Show. GIS represents the premier event for the golf industry and 2018 was one of the best shows yet.
The week was jam-packed with educational events and lectures capped by two days of trade show exhibitions at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, where visitors learned about the latest and greatest technologies in the industry.
One of the highlights of this year’s show was #GCITweetUp18, featuring the 2018 Super Social Media Awards. The annual TweetUp, co-hosted by Aquatrols and Golf Course Industry Magazine, brought together hundreds of superintendents from the social sphere to mingle over a few cold ones and recognize the social media superstars from the past year.
See below for a full list of our 2018 Super Social Media Award winners:
- 2018 Kaminski Award: Matthew Wharton, Carolina Golf Club (@CGCGreenkeeper)
- Best Overall Use of Social Media: The Turf Team at St. Andrews Links (@TheHomeofGolf)
- Best Overall Use of Social Media: Ian Andrew, Ian Andrew Golf Design (@IanAndrewGolf)
- Best Blog: Richard Johnstone, Nairn Dunbar Golf Links (@CMnairndunbar)
- Best Blog: Chris Harriman, Cattail Creek Country Club (@Harrimanscash)
- Best Use of Video: Atlantic GCSA, “Deep Roots, The Life of a Superintendent”
- Best Use of Twitter: Steve Hammon, Traverse City Golf & Country Club (@SteveHammon)
- Best Use of Twitter: Steve Wright, Pine Tree Golf Club (@wrightsteve19)
- Megaphone Award for Hurricane Recovery: South Texas Superintendents
The TweetUp concluded with the presentation of the inaugural Aquatrols Conservation Award to Paul Carter, CGCS of Bear Trace at Harrison Bay.
Aquatrols congratulates all of the 2018 Super Social Media Award winners and extends our sincere gratitude to everyone who made #GCITweetUp18 a smashing success. We look forward to sharing more social moments with you throughout the 2018 season!